Monday, January 25, 2010

Addicted to New Music

Perhaps the best 5 minutes, 30 minutes or sometimes 3 hours of my day is searching the internet for the freshest in music. Quite simply, I am addicted to music. My iPod is my single most prized possession without which it would be difficult to make it through a day. My passion for music begins with finding it, but my ultimate goal is to share it with others. There is no higher form of flattery for me than someone telling me how much they enjoyed a song I gave them. It's almost as if it's my song, except that I don't have an ounce of musical talent in my body, short of belting out Linger by The Cranberries on occasion.

Recently I decided that my formal education in accounting here at Notre Dame may prepare me for real employment when I leave school, but is doing nothing to further my truest career ambition. Following Matt's recent post about using this blog as an opportunity to discuss things that could be interesting for our future, I recently decided that I would love for music to be an essential part of my job in the future. So what did I do? I sent a Facebook message to Scott Vener. Who's dat? Perhaps the man with the sweetest job in the world- that of music consultant on Entourage. Some of his scenes with notable songs have been more memorable than the characters and dialogue. This guy is good.

It's been nearly two weeks now and I haven't heard back from Scott. If any readers can put me in touch with him or any in the music supervision business, I just want to know how they got their starts... nothing creepy or weird. Until then, here's a jam for y'all to feast on.


The K-Os - I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman

No comments:

Post a Comment