Saturday, February 27, 2010

Addicted to Streaming Music

Wow, second post on streaming music in under two weeks, but that just goes to show you how truly addicted to music I am. Last year, I stumbled across a website called Seeqpod that allowed you to create free streaming playlists. The music selection was decent, though I often found myself a little disappointed with the accuracy of the search results. That sight was taken down a few months after I found it, leaving me scouring for something better than Youtube for listening to music that I didn't own but wanted to hear. Imeem never did much for me. Well on Thursday night, I saw Grooveshark bumpin at the party I was at, and immediately investigated when I got home. What I found is so far the best online way of building playlists from an expansive library of streaming music. My typical first search of "Lil Wayne" brought up a more complete and organized listing of playable Lil Wayne songs than anything I've seen elsewhere. Legal? Doubtful-- though you're not downloading the music. Awesome and addictive? Absolutely.

Check it out here: www.grooveshark.com

No comments:

Post a Comment